When I checked in this morning, I knew that the plane was delayed (20 minutes it said). Then when I got through security, I found out it was 35 minutes late. So at 9:35 we boarded. I was so relieved to have a seat next to a very sweet 60’s-ish couple who were on their way to Ft. Lauderdale to hop on a Panama Canal Cruise! They said it was something they were going to mark off their bucket list. So cute. :)
So we are sitting on the plane, and the pilot informs us that it will be 5 more minutes wait (for what reason I am not sure). When these five minutes pass, the pilot again communicates through the intercom that it will be another 5 minutes for baggage being loaded. Then we are informed that ice has built up on the wings so it would another 10 minutes. Finally, an hour late, we took off.
The delay put stress on several connecting flights for a few of us. As soon as we got off the plane, I booked it to my Gate (E81), which just so happened to be way WAY at the very end of a terminal on the other side of the airport. Up stairs, down stairs…you name it. Lovely. :)
Exhausted, and watching the line for the flight to Austria to deplete so they could start boarding the flight to Warsaw, I hear over the intercom “We are very sorry for the inconvenience, but the flight to Warsaw will be an hour delayed."
Of course. :)
So we are sitting on the plane, and the pilot informs us that it will be 5 more minutes wait (for what reason I am not sure). When these five minutes pass, the pilot again communicates through the intercom that it will be another 5 minutes for baggage being loaded. Then we are informed that ice has built up on the wings so it would another 10 minutes. Finally, an hour late, we took off.
The delay put stress on several connecting flights for a few of us. As soon as we got off the plane, I booked it to my Gate (E81), which just so happened to be way WAY at the very end of a terminal on the other side of the airport. Up stairs, down stairs…you name it. Lovely. :)
Exhausted, and watching the line for the flight to Austria to deplete so they could start boarding the flight to Warsaw, I hear over the intercom “We are very sorry for the inconvenience, but the flight to Warsaw will be an hour delayed."
Of course. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment